Michigan Tamil Sangam - Saravedi Deepavali
Advertisement Tariff 2018-2019
Empowerment through Education
ABC Education Initiative in Namakkal District
TNF Michigan Chapter and Tamil Sangam Michigan
- Initiated in February 2015, in six government schools in Sengarai, Mullukkuruchi, Kalappanayakkanpatti, Vazhavandhi Nadu and Erumaipatti villages in Namakkal district.
- Four of these schools are government tribal residential schools and the beneficiaries from all six schools come from underprivileged rural communities.
- 440 (10th grade) students were empowered with two days of soft skills (self confidence, time management, motivation, communication skills) training that will help them with public exams and career progression.
- 612 students were identified by their class teachers as performing far below their grade level and are currently enrolled in ABC classes that are conducted, with your donation, to achieve grade level proficiency, successfully pass high school and not become school dropouts.
- 3 U.S.-born youth volunteered in these schools.
- Personal hygiene, spoken English and career guidance are being added to the ABC model.
- Plans are being developed to make Namakkal a TNF internship center for U.S.-born Tamil youth.
For complete details on the positive impact of your generosity through this project, please visit TNF-ABC Project Namakkal District
If you are an existing member, your membership has expired as of June 30,
2017 and you will have to renew. Since we have a new website with new database
for registrations, every member has to re-register with their updated details.
New memberships are valid from July 2018- June 2019. Please
CLICK HERE TO JOIN TAMIL SANGAM MICHIGAN
Please click here to like our Facebook link
Tamil Sangam App
We are proud to release an App for our own Tamil Sangam. Android App and iPhone App are available now.